Thursday, November 6, 2008

Help me Mom!

Lately Keely has become quite mobile. Although she is not crawling yet, we know we're not too far away. I imagine by Christmas she will figure out how to go forward. Since she figured out how to roll over she can now maneuver her way around the floor a bit more. She tries with all her might to move forward (looking like she's swimming in the air, it's hilarious to watch) but this results in scooting backwards which really frustrates this little girl. One thing is for sure, she does not lack passion and does not give up easily (traits she's inherited from her father). I'm finding that I can no longer walk out of the room assured she will be where I left her. Now I find her stuck in the oddest places, but she never fails to let me know when she needs help. As exciting as this next phase we're about to enter is, it also places me with NMS-Nervous Mom Syndrome. I'm looking at the house and as much as I baby-proof this place I know that things are bound to happen. She is growing more curious and wants to explore everything around her. I love watching her curiosity and know that her curiosity is what's really going to have me on my toes chasing her around the house. All part of the fun of being a new parent and stepping into the next phase, but in the meantime I'll keep the scooting for now. 

No comments: