Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where We've Been...

Okay, so I know some of you have been wondering "where have you guys been!" I know I haven't been very good on the upkeep of the blog lately so here's a little update to what is happening in the Duncan household. To start, we've been enjoying the company of Brent's mom since the end of Feb. She is here until April 2nd and so we've been busy hanging out with Grandma. Also, I have started working. When we had Brent's mom come out it was to help out at the house and allow me to start substituting for a while to get a little extra $$ before Baby Duncan #2 makes it's arrival. I was going to start just a few days a week but then I received a call to take over a 2nd grade class for the rest of the school year. This was unexpected for me to go back full time but weighing what would be best for our family we decided that I would take it since it was short term and could help us out a little. I started that 2 weeks ago and have to say I'm very lucky to be in a GREAT school and a very good class. In the meantime Keely has enjoyed bonding time with her Grandma and starting April 3rd she'll go to a in-home daycare just around the corner from our home. She's been going a few days a week to get to know the kids and the surroundings and really likes it so far. This week I'm on Spring Break and Brent took the week off of work. His Dad came into town yesterday to join Grandma and spend time with Keely. She's enjoying all the love in the home and we're having fun going on little trips this week to the zoo, aquarium, ect... That's pretty much the story. I'm so sorry for getting so behind and promise to get the act together with more updates on us and Keely. Here's a little picture recap from the past few weeks....

Eating solid foods that haven't been pureed (still does not like green beans).
Spending a lot of time and having fun with Grandma.
Getting my first bump on the head trying to get Daddy's guitar (see bump on left).
Starting to get more brave and standing without help.
Trying on cool shades with Grandpop.
Surprise, Surprise! Mom got a new do! Finally took the plunge and cut the hair. I've been growing it since we moved to Italy with the intent to donate to Locks of Love. I said I'd do it in the spring and after many nights of Brent rolling over on the hair and me waking up to pain I decided today was the day!
So there you have it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay, I am missing me some Duncan girls! That jean skirt is to die for! Love the new cut too Rene. You look awesome friend :)