Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Out of Control!

Yes, my garden is OUT OF CONTROL! And yes, you are witnessing the pumpkin growing OVER the wall into the neighbors yard (good thing no one lives there right now). Not sure how much longer this vine will hold up especially when you have something like...
this growing on the other side! Yup, our first growing pumpkin. We are seeing other little buds form but this one is taking off and I crack up each time I look over the wall to see this hanging there. Just waiting for the day for the vine to snap.
I guess you're wondering how I find so much humor in my gardening. When you look at the garden and see that it is in fact out of control you will see that we can't help but find the humor in it. Our attitude of "let's just plant and see what happens" has really come back to haunt us. Well, lesson learned for next year!
And in the meantime still enjoying what is coming from the garden...
look at our little cantaloupe :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Now that's an impressive garden!