Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
With this long and slow transition process that we have been in since July, I have to say that I haven't quite been in the Christmas spirit. We finally moved into our home at the end of November. The kids are still with Brent's parents and we're just getting every cardboard box and paper on the curbside settled. Through all the unpacking, putting up Christmas decorations or tree just was the last thing on my mind wasn't on the top my list. We have continued to visit on the weekends, working during the weeks, managed to do some shopping in between. Even my address book sits untouched this year not doing any Christmas cards which I've done since we were married 7 years ago. As the cards come in the guilt sets in I enjoy seeing pictures and letters of our family and friends. I remember that it is okay that the tree didn't go up, it's okay that the decorations are not out, and it is okay that the cards are not sent. What matters is that we will be together as a family. Our families, our friends and we are all safe, healthy, and happy. The fun that comes with all those other things do bring joy each holiday season, but remembering the Spirit of Christmas is what matters most. So to all our family and friends, Merry Christmas from The Duncan's!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

trav1bug said...

True Statement...
You all have each other...the most important Gift you could have..
A loving Family together.