Monday, December 12, 2011

Pretty Sparkles

When Keely was born Brent and I agreed that we didn't want to get her ear's pierced until she decided that she wanted this done. After all, it's her body so she should decide. So ever now and then Keely would mention she wants "those" in her ears like Mommy. We could play and put clip on's on, but she was not even three so did she really know what she was asking for. Well, over Thanksgiving Keely was sitting on my lap and doing my hair. She places my hair behind my ears and says, "Mommy, I want earrings in my ears..." At this point Nana is very excited (maybe I should backtrack at this point to say how Nana wanted to take her to get her ear's pierced but knew the rules and that we were waiting for Keely). So the next week, after prepping that it will hurt a little and explaining the process....

Happy Girl on an Outing with Nana, Aunt Debbie and Aunt Connie
Marking the spot
Getting ready (both ears at once)
1,2,3...GO!
We had maybe 15 seconds of crying then an excited girl to have earrings!

1 comment:

Hope for Peyton said...

LUV it!! I remember doing this to Vat at 4 months. I held her and she faced Todd. Funny part was she wasn't happy with him. lol Very cute <3