Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a Sign!

Keely did her first sign last night! I couldn't believe it. I was doing dishes and as usual Keely was giving Mom a helping hand (meaning taking all the dishes out of the dishwasher). One item she took out was her bottle. She was holding the bottle then looked up at me and did the sign for "milk". I just looked at her bugged eyed in shock. I asked her, "do you want some milk?" and again she did the sign! So I made a quick bottle for her and that girl chugged it down. I'd like to say that I've been doing the signs that we started with (milk, eat, and more) consistently but I haven't. It was amazing though to see that even though I haven't been following through the way I should that she still picked it up. Of course this has inspired me to get on top of it and ensure I'm using those signs. It was just amazing to have her be able to tell me what she wanted. Hopefully it will stay, regardless, this Mommy is very proud of her little girl. 

1 comment:

Brie said...

Get that girl Baby Signing Time !!!!!!! Kayden has been watching it since he was 3 months old and he can sign every word he says. It is an awesome tool. The signs came first and then the words. There are 4 baby signing time DVD's. We start with 1 and when he is doing a few signs from that, he moves on. PLUS they have cute song you can sing to her.
http://babysigningtime.com/