Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Well Baby Appointments

Tuesday we had well baby appointments for both kiddos. One word to describe the experience...Interesting. Thankfully Brent was able to join me for the appointment to have an extra hand. If he wasn't there I'm sure I'd be describing the experience as stressful and challenging. Of course I managed to have the appointments scheduled on the same day we had a winter storm come through New Mexico so that just added to chaos.

On to the important stuff. Here is where the kids stand:

Keely 18 Months
23 lbs 13.5 oz
31 3/4 inch.
44.5 cm head circumference

Brayden 2 Months
13 lbs 13.5 oz
23 3/4 inch
41.5 cm head circumference
We have a BIG boy! I was pretty sure he would be about 14 lbs when we went to his check up and sure enough he's pretty close. This week we also hit a new milestone when Brayden rolled over from tummy to back the night before the appointment. Just like Keely did I put him on his belly and walked away for a minute or two. When I returned he was on his back and I thought "I didn't leave you like that". So I put him on his tummy again and immediately he rolled over again! Very exciting. He's laughing and smiling all the time and sure knows the voices of Mom, Dad, and Sister.

Keely of course was a great patient again. She is doing great with her growth and development. She even earned a sticker. She had a great time exploring the doctor's office waiting her turn to be checked out.
Having appointments for both kids back to back was a little chaotic. We had Brayden tired since it was nap time, so he'd start crying. Then Keely would try to talk over his crying and in the meantime the Doc is trying to talk to Brent and I all in a small space. But we made it through and won't have another appointment for Keely until 2 years and Brayden's next appointment will be at 4 Months. Whew!

On a side note, I had several people ask me how to leave comments from 'anonymous' name. Apparently I had not enabled that setting so I went ahead and changed the settings to allow other friends and family comment on our page :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

That post of the two of them in the chair is hilarious!
Glad everyone is healthy!

Anonymous said...

That was one of my favorite outfits of Kysyns!! Brayden is already so big and so pretty. -Jamie