Monday, September 21, 2009

40 Weeks

Today we hit 40 weeks which means we hit our due date. Last Thursday I saw the midwife who thought that he was coming for sure by the weekend. Well the weekend has come and gone and still no Brayden. Just goes to show who is really in charge here. I've been having contractions on and off for the past few weeks. Last night I was up til 3 feeling some contractions but nothing rhythmic. We have another appointment on Thursday. If Brayden still has not made his debut then we're going to see if we can be induced over the weekend. In the meantime I continue to wait and try to stay in good spirits. I'm trying to take advantage of this time with Keely, knowing these are the last days before she is our only child. I'm also trying to remember that this is my last pregnancy and enjoy each moment that I do have left feeling little kicks and turns. When the time is right and when he is ready Brayden will come. We need to remember to be patient and that his arrival will be that much more precious when he does come.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Wow! What an awesome perspective! I admire your positive attitude and joy in being patient! We're praying for you guys!

Jennmoya said...

You are AWESOME!! Keep it up the positive attitude! We are all rootin and praying for you over here in the Moya home!!!! Where is your 40 week picture woman!!!