Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Boy!

Well as you can see little Brayden is doing just fine. He is pretty much back to his old self. He is rolling over, kicking about, cooing, and cracking us up with his hysterical laugh. One area still needing some improvement is sleep. The one area that is still not quite back to the way it was before surgery. He was sleeping through the night and life was so sweet, but now he's back to waking up once or twice needing his pacifier and then up at 5. I know this is just a minor setback and we're barely at a week post surgery so I'm very hopeful that we'll be back in the old routine in no time. But I really can't complain because when I see that sweet, happy face and know what he went through just last week it's really hard to believe how good he is doing. I was told how surprised you'd be that at this young how quick they bounce back and recover but until you see it you really don't believe it. His swelling is all gone and there is definitely a difference in the shape of his head. I just can't imagine what it will look like once he starts to wear his helmet!
Side view.
That smile is worth a million bucks!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am so glad everything is going so well! I hope the sleep shapes up soon, you've got a great attitude :)

trav1bug said...

Yes that smile is worth a million bucks. He does look great Brent and Lorena. Hope he does get back on schedule for you all soon. I know how much that means to you to be on that schedule!! Sure helps
love ya
xoxox

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see that Brayden is doing good. He is so cute. His smiling face is so adorable. Hope all is going well and continues to do so for you all and the little guy.

Anonymous said...

That smile my dear is your father, Kim Hillard. I am so glad to hear Braydon is doing well and everything went good with the surgery. Hang in there girl, 9 months is nothing but a sneeze when raising little ones!!!

Pam